Wedding Countdown Checklist
- Take a tour of the Lodge and have an initial meeting with your Wedding Coordinator
- Decide what time of year you would like to have your wedding, and ask for a list of available dates
- Read through your Wedding Information Package
- Choose a wedding date
- Submit the $5000 deposit and sign your contract
- Finalize your guest list at the Lodge & decide who goes into which guest lodge, who will receive a room with an ocean view, and who will need a suite with a pull-out couch (families with small children, for example)
- Send out invitations
- Be sure to include the Lodge’s website on your invitation, with instructions for your guests to call us directly to book their accommodations
- Organize additional accommodations nearby (if your wedding party is larger than 45-50 guests)
- Meet with potential vendors: florist, hair & makeup, photographer, musician/DJ, wedding cake bakery, wedding commissioner, wedding supply rentals (chairs, chair covers, tables, tents/canopies)
- Make your final decisions on vendors and submit appropriate details & contracts
- Decide on your menu & inform your wedding coordinator
- Keep an accurate count of your RSVPs and any dietary requirements your guests may have
- Contact the Front Desk to check in on your rooming list
- Communicate which rooms you are paying for
- Put together an itinerary for your day
- Using your RVSPs, begin creating your seating plan
- Plan how you will indicate food selections for each guest
- Ask those you wish to give speeches or toasts to prepare something
- Your final menu & wine selections are due, as well as your expected number of guests
- Your second deposit is due, which includes final numbers of guests and final choices on food & beverage, costs, taxes, gratuities, all accommodations booked by the wedding couple, and any empty rooms.
- Contact your wedding coordinator to discuss organizing any group or private activities before or after the wedding date, such as kayaking, zodiac trip, hiking etc.
- Submit your final guest numbers, seating plan, and itinerary to your wedding coordinator
- Assign small tasks to family and friends: cake & flowers pick-up, decorations & center pieces, place cards & seating chart, slide show & music, guest book, etc.
Day of Arrival
- Check-in at 3:00pm
- Have a meeting with your wedding coordinator to go over the details of the day
- Make sure your slide show and music equipment is tested out
- Relax and enjoy yourself!