- Take a tour of the Lodge and have an initial meeting with your Wedding Coordinator
- Decide what time of year you would like to have your wedding, and ask for a list of available dates
- Read through your Wedding Information Package
- Choose a wedding date
- Submit the $5000 deposit and sign your contract
- Finalize your guest list at the Lodge & decide who goes into which guest lodges, who will receive a room with an ocean view, and who will need a suite with a pull-out couch (families with small children, for example)
- Communicate which guest rooms you will be paying for
- Send out invitations
- Be sure to include the Lodge’s website on your invitation, with instructions for your guests to call us directly to book their accommodations
- Organize additional accommodations nearby (if your wedding party is larger than 60 guests)
- Meet with potential vendors: florist, hair & makeup, photographer, musician/DJ, wedding cake bakery, wedding commissioner, wedding supply rentals (chairs, chair covers, tables, tents/canopies)
- Make your final decisions on vendors and submit appropriate details & contracts
- Decide on your menu & inform your wedding coordinator
- Keep an accurate count of your RSVPs and any dietary requirements your guests may have
- Contact the Front Desk to check in on your rooming list
- Put together an itinerary for your day
- Using your RVSPs, begin creating your seating plan
- Plan how you will indicate dietary requirements for select guests on their place cards
- Ask those you wish to give speeches or toasts to prepare something
- Your final menu & wine selections are due, as well as your expected number of guests
- Your second deposit is due, which includes final numbers of guests and final choices on food & beverage, costs, taxes, gratuities, all accommodations booked by the wedding couple, and any empty rooms.
- Contact your wedding coordinator to discuss organizing any group or private activities before or after the wedding date, such as kayaking, zodiac boat tours, jet skis, and hiking etc. visit egmontadventurecenter.com for info.
- Submit your final guest numbers, seating plan, and itinerary to your wedding coordinator
- Assign small tasks to family and friends: cake & flower pick-up, decorations & center pieces, place cards & seating chart, slide show & music, guest book, etc.
Day of Arrival
- Check-in at 3:00pm
- Have a meeting with your wedding coordinator to go over the details of the day
- Make sure your slide show and music equipment is tested out
- Relax and enjoy yourself!